October is National Apple Month! Three cheers for the humble apple, a wonderful, nutritious grab ‘n go snack. Here at Fun to Eat Fruit headquarters, our mission is to increase the ap-peal of apples and other fruit among kids—and adults—of all ages. Before we tell you how we do that, here are some fun facts just for you!
Fun Apple Facts
Here are some fun facts from Registered Dietician Mia Gibson as reported in the Odessa American:
- Apples contain no fat or cholesterol.
- For a quick source of energy, eat an apple.
- Apples are a good source of fiber.
- A medium apple contains about 80 calories; a large one around 130 calories.
- Phytonutrients, which are natural chemicals occurring in plant products, are found in apples. The specific phytonutrients found in apples is polyphenols which are thought to help regulate blood sugar.
- Apples can be as a large as a grapefruit or as small as a large cherry.
- Tart apples, such as Granny Smith, are best for baking.
Customize an Apple
How do you like them apples? We love apples. In fact most of the Fun to Eat Fruit we customize with edible images for our customers are on apples! For some great examples of Fun to Eat Fruit apples, check out http://funtoeatfruit.com/trending-ideas/. Have an upcoming party or event, let us know! Send in a quote request! Can’t wait to hear from you!